Ukraine War: Authorities Say Eight Persons Killed

Add a Comment 56 Views
2 Min Read

Ukrainian authorities say no fewer than eight persons were killed in an attack on a residential area in the eastern Donetsk region of the country.

Ukraine’s Interior Minister, Ihor Volodymyrovych Klymenko said another 13 persons were found wounded in the Russian shelling of the town of Lyman.

- Advertisement -
Ad image

The Ministry said the strike caused fires in a house, a printing shop and three cars which have now been put out by rescuers.

It comes as the country marks the 500th day of the invasion.

The BBC say Ukraine’s counter-offensive, which began last month, continues to grind on in the eastern Donetsk and south-eastern Zaporizhzhia regions.

Its advances have been slow, as Russia continues its missile and drone attacks.

The small city of Lyman is a key railway hub in the Donetsk, and was initially captured by Russia but then retaken by Ukraine’s army last October.

- Advertisement -
Ad image

Russia had been “concentrating quite powerful forces” there, the spokesman of Ukraine’s eastern group of forces, Serhiy Cherevatyy, told Ukrainian television on Friday.

“At around 10:00, the Russians struck the town with multiple rocket launchers,” the regional governor of Donetsk, Pavlo Kyrylenko, said on social media on Saturday. He said a house and a shop were damaged.

The BBC has not been able to verify the claims.

Authorities shared photos of the aftermath of the attack on social media

O

Share This Article
Leave a comment